Probably the most important bit of info from the notes is this little gem, "Added EquipItem, CanEquipItem, SwapBagItems, and GetBagItem function to the GameLib Apollo library. Let the Equipment Management Addon development commence!"
Megaservers are here in WildStar! Ahead of their planned maintenance window, Carbine's opening up the Megaservers! You can check out the patch notes below and we'll see you on Nexus!Quote from BigV
- Megaserver technology has been brought online. Players will now have access to a single realm of their choice for PvP and PvE play. With this architectural change, we have introduced a new surname system and players will be prompted to rename their characters with both a first and last name upon entry to the character selection screen.
- Guilds, Circles, Arena Teams, and Warparty's that were renamed by server mergers will have an opportunity (one time only) to rename themselves.
- Fixed an issue where translated strings with a length of one were displaying the English version of the string in all cases.
- Addressed some causes of network latency on crowded realms.
- Added French and German channels for Zone and Advice.
- Character select can now display more than 6 characters.
- If a player logs out with action set 3 or 4 active, when they log back in it will no longer switch player to action set 1.
- Elemental Pairs
- Hydroflux & Aileron
- Kiting Aileron will no longer prevent him from beginning the “Eye of the Storm” event.
- Hydroflux & Aileron
- Elemental Pairs
- Characters with path abilities reset to base tier should now have the tier auto-adjusted to the correct value.
- Many UI elements have been reworked to accommodate first and last character names.
- The Guild Influence window should now display numbers properly in all languages.
Carbine's first content patch, titled 'The Strain', was patched in last night, and along with a couple new zones and some great new housing items and a mount, it also came with one of the biggest bug patches since release.
Carbine released a new patch last night, check out the patch notes highlights below or head here to read all the notes.
Carbine released another patch last night that covered some quality of life issues including a fix for AMD CPU's that weren't running at their potential and improved PvP AFK detection.
While the hotfix patch notes aren't expansive (all seven fixes are listed below), they do address some of the worst bugs pertaining to the queue system and getting on a certain realm. I know I've seen about all of these problems except the one regarding reporting spam, as I haven't had to do that yet. It seems like they've fixed all their queue problems, which should make the rest of the weekend go much smoother!
The next beta weekend event, 4/18-4/20, will include the biggest patch since Carbine has limited the beta to the weekends. You can read the patch notes in their entirety here, but the biggest announcement was the inclusion of the new UI, UI 2.0. And of course, with a new patch comes another round of testing your addons for compatibility.
There's no question the new UI will be better than the current default UI and I'm sure they've been watching your addons and implementing improvements based on all the work addon authors like you guys do. We still don't know if this will be the 100% shipping UI we'll see at launch, but my bet is that it won't change much after this patch, if at all. I've got some screenshots of the difference between UI 1.0 and 2.0 below, what do you think of the changes? I'm sure there will be surprises in the UI they didn't tell us about, so when the patch goes live the 18th, you can bet we'll have every update documented here!
You can also read more about the new UI on the WildStar Forums here! Specifically the addon API patch notes can be read below:Quote from CRB_Scooter
- Apollo: Added new API method "GetHazardDisplayString" to Hazard library which takes a Hazard ID and returns the display string associated with that hazard.
- Apollo: Added PathMission:IsOptional() function that will indicate if a Path Mission needs to be completed in order to complete the Path Episode associated with the mission.
- Apollo API: The lua coroutine library has been explicitly removed.