BroBot is an addon that gives your Scientist Scanbot personality. Your Scanbot will say various things when summoned or dismissed, as well as when you send it to scan something. In addition, you can talk to the bot by using it's name in /say to get his attention, then he will respond to things you say. Text the bot says do not actually go through the server, so other players will not see the text your Scanbot says.
The bot uses a version of the old ELIZA computer therapist script to talk to you. ELIZA is a famous bit of psuedo-AI written by Joseph Weizenbaum in 1966 and has been ported to many various programming languages.
- Your Scanbot will talk when summoned.
- Your Scanbot will talk when dismissed.
- Your Scanbot will talk after taking a scan of a Scientist object (See known issues below).
- If you don't use the Scanbot for anything for 5 minutes, he will remind you to get back to work.
- If you say your bot's name in /say chat, or preface a message with his name, he will pay attention.
- When paying attention, your scanbot will respond to anything you say in /say chat until a period of time has passed.
- If you have the SAmotes addon installed as well, the bot can use emote images in its text.
- The Scanbot will only speak after scanning a Scientist node and returning to you. Only items you scan that progress your current Scientist mission will trigger, for some reason the game events for the Scanbot starting and stopping a scan are not firing.