Vince Builds is a new addon that lets you change out your gear for you, but it doesn't just stop there, it lets you change your LAS and costumes too!
Carbine released a patch yesterday and of course we have the patch notes to go along with it! Check out the UI/Addons section below or see all the notes on the official forums here!Quote from CRB_Sunshine
We have fixed an issue that was causing a strange flickering of buffs if players changed a spell on the LAS, while mounted.
Chat line fade out should now behave more consistently.
Chat line fade out can now be enabled/disabled with the mouse off fade configuration option.
- New event ICCommReceiveThrottled will fire when the players client is receiving too much data from the server via third party LUA addons. This event has two string parameters that are passed in, the name of the channel on which the message was not received, and the name of the sender who was attempting to send a message. For additional information please see this post written by the Script team to add-on creators.
Probably the most important bit of info from the notes is this little gem, "Added EquipItem, CanEquipItem, SwapBagItems, and GetBagItem function to the GameLib Apollo library. Let the Equipment Management Addon development commence!"
This week we have the spotlight on UnitedDialogs, a quest text replacement addon that enhances the quest dialog windows.
Today we're taking a look at nameplate addons! There's quite a few options and you may be wondering what all the fuss is about, and it basically comes down to one aspect of the default Carbine nameplates that almost all the replacements change.
Carbine updated the PTR and here's the patch notes! Now that they're done testing the megaservers, the PTR has gone back to the Nexus realm and is itself a megaserver, with the added benefit that European players can now help test again. Check out the official post here or read the notes below!
- PTR copies of the Entity and Warhound Megaservers have been retired, and PTR Nexus has returned -- now with Megaserver technology of its own. All your characters from PTR Entity and Warhound are gone, and your former Nexus characters have been restored. This also means that Europe can now help test again!
- Updated the EULA date to “October 2” to reflect the proper timestamp on when its terms were last amended.
Items - The ‘Pristine Genesis Key’ now drops from Ohmna.
Engineer - Abilities
- Unstable Anomaly
- Fixed an issue that caused the Heal debuff not to apply if the damage is deflected.
General - Fixed a bug that unintentionally made it more difficult to obtain a tier reward in certain public events.
- Fixed an issue with Disruption Beams.
- Fixed an issue with Core Essence Security Orbs.
- Elemental Pairs
- Visceralus and Aileron
- Visceralus' healing buff Osmosis will now be properly removed when that phase of the encounter is reached.
- Megalith and Aileron
- Fixed issue with players being able to get hit by multiple tornadoes and have multiple instances of Overcharged.
- Fixed issue with Megalith being able to gain multiple speed stacks at once.
- Updated Rockfall telegraphs to be more distinctive.
- Walls of Wind now have a cast time, bar, and animation and is no longer an infinite-ticking proxy. Also increased delay before shield becomes active to 2s.
- Visceralus and Pyrobane
- Swarm adds are now visible.
- Swarm adds have had their sounds toned down.
- All adds should stop spawning on death of both Elementals.
- The bomb that the Caretaker provides will now explode on contact with an Elemental (instead of only using a timed fuse).
- Adjusted how many Essences of Life appear (and their total health) during the Flame Wave event.
- Visceralus and Aileron
- Fixed a UI bug with adding Cross-Realm Friends by Character Name.
- Fixed a bug where certain housing enhancements might cause a player to log out with a Network Message error.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes an alt that had just used a server transfer wouldn’t have Account Roommate permissions.
WildStar addons come in various shapes and sizes. While Sprint Meter Plus only replaces one tiny aspect of the default UI, it does so by consolidating two close functions in your sprint meter and dash tokens.
Megaservers are here in WildStar! Ahead of their planned maintenance window, Carbine's opening up the Megaservers! You can check out the patch notes below and we'll see you on Nexus!Quote from BigV
- Megaserver technology has been brought online. Players will now have access to a single realm of their choice for PvP and PvE play. With this architectural change, we have introduced a new surname system and players will be prompted to rename their characters with both a first and last name upon entry to the character selection screen.
- Guilds, Circles, Arena Teams, and Warparty's that were renamed by server mergers will have an opportunity (one time only) to rename themselves.
- Fixed an issue where translated strings with a length of one were displaying the English version of the string in all cases.
- Addressed some causes of network latency on crowded realms.
- Added French and German channels for Zone and Advice.
- Character select can now display more than 6 characters.
- If a player logs out with action set 3 or 4 active, when they log back in it will no longer switch player to action set 1.
- Elemental Pairs
- Hydroflux & Aileron
- Kiting Aileron will no longer prevent him from beginning the “Eye of the Storm” event.
- Hydroflux & Aileron
- Elemental Pairs
- Characters with path abilities reset to base tier should now have the tier auto-adjusted to the correct value.
- Many UI elements have been reworked to accommodate first and last character names.
- The Guild Influence window should now display numbers properly in all languages.
Carbine announced today that Megaservers are coming Wednesday!
World Boss Hunter is an addon that is basically just a list of all the world bosses but upon further review, all the info about where they can be found is right at your fingertips.
With the new megaservers just around the corner Carbine needs help testing them!
We got some big news yesterday for folks who struggle to run WildStar on their PCs.
As the title suggests, KiruChallenge overhauls the way you interact with the challenges UI.
Product Director Mike Donatelli posted a new 'State of the Game' post on the official forums today.
Carbine updated the PTR today and that comes with a new bunch of patch notes.
Welcome to our weekly WildStar Addon Spotlight! This week we've got the spotlight on Cards, an addon created by Saikou that is a great way to pass the time in WildStar, but you might find yourself addicted to the familiar if not just outright fun card game.
Carbine released today their first ever PvP Leaderboards and they are also providing weekly spreadsheets of the top 250 players for 2v2's, 3v3's, 5v5's and Battlegrounds, in the NA and EU regions respectively.
Carbine updated the PTR last night and it came with a ton of User Interface, Addon and Apollo API changes.
GuildPixies doesn't take any configuration, just install it and your AMP icons in the guild bank will be nice and colorful.
A new update is live.
Carbine released quite the patch overnight last night and with it comes some much needed and welcome changes.
Our exceptional panel of judges has researched and tested hundreds of WildStar add-ons, but only the best can rise to the top on planet Nexus. Looking to customize your gameplay? Check out these winners!
With Housing Repair Alerts you can now get a nice pop-up window that will display what repairs are overdue and what plugs will be expiring soon so you know right when you can repair them.
If you didn't hear yet, Carbine announced today that they are working towards implementing megaservers soon. It won't happen for a bit, they're still working on the tech, but it's in the works and they want to get this implemented as quickly as possible. While that's happening, they also announced they will open up realm transfers to everyone for free, until the megaservers take shape.
The megaservers will replace all the current servers in each "Data Center" and there will only be two options, PvE and PvP. They'll be increasing the character slot count to compensate for the lower amount of servers to pick from, but as Cougar states below, the downside to all this is that realm rule sets, or those marked as Role Playing, will go away. Carbine's work-around for this is to include 5 region-wide chat channels, Roleplay, French, German, Roleplay French and Roleplay German.
Check out Cougar's post below for all the finer details, suffice to say, a lot of changes are coming to WildStar and Carbine is really trying to listen to the players and work towards making the best game they can. Megaservers are definitely a step in the right direction and I'm excited to see them implemented and the world of Nexus to become even more livelier than before.Quote from Cougar
First off, we’d like to apologize that we’ve been so quiet about the state of our servers; we wanted to be certain that our new tech was in a solid enough state where we could speak confidently about some exciting new developments we want to share with all of you. We’re close to finalizing a goal we’ve always had for our servers, something that will bring long-term benefits for our players and their WildStar experience.
In the near future, we will be implementing Megaservers for WildStar.
Going the Megaserver route means that we vastly increase server capacity allowing for greater critical mass of our player base, resulting in more people, more groups, more activity and more raids… more of everything that makes WildStar so fun. The Megaservers and their increased player capacity will give fans more options to group up and enjoy WildStar with friends and other players for a long time to come.
Under the new MegaServers, there will be one PvP and one PvE realm per Data Center. We’ll also increase the number of available character slots for each Megaserver. There’s lots more information to come, with some questions already answered in our FAQ and more on the way.
When the time comes, all guilds, arena teams, circles, mail and auction items will transfer to the new Megaservers. The normal “realm transfer” restrictions will not apply during this transfer. Unfortunately, one of the byproducts of this is that realm rule sets will be going away, so we will replace them with five region-wide chat channels – Roleplay, French, German, French Roleplay and German Roleplay. More details on this will be revealed soon.
Although we’re far enough in the process to begin talking about it, we are still some ways away from the Megaservers going live. One of the things we’re doing to make the wait easier is that as of this post going live, we have put free realm transfers in the game for all players.
There’s still a lot of detail to be worked out and shared with you in the near future. We did want to let you all know where we’re headed with our new Megaservers, because we are fully aware that the game servers in their current state are a very important subject with you, our players. As always, the devs are listening, we’ve heard your feedback loud and clear and we’ll continue to listen as WildStar grows.
We’re happy to be able to share our future plans with you, and thank you as always for your patience and support.
Please share your thoughts with us in the feedback thread here.