May 22, 2014
Carbine released a new patch today clocking in around 2.3 gigabytes! They even opened up the servers for a brief time today. To read more about Ops Week, and how you can play more WildStar before launch, check out the official post here. I've pulled the API Changes and UI Changes from the notes and added them below, head here to read all the patch notes!Posted in: Patch Notes for the Ops Week Update!
May 19, 2014
Carbine announced today that even though open beta is now officially over, they're moving onto the next phase they're calling Ops Week. While it maybe 12 days and not a week, Carbine will be opening up the servers here and there for some focused testing of their systems. You can read all about it on the official forums here!Posted in: Open Beta Closed; Ops Week Just Started!
May 15, 2014
Welcome to our WildStar Addon Spotlight! In this issue we will cover BijiPlates, an addon created by slowseer that is the most downloaded addon in our WildStar addon database, and for good reason!Posted in: Addon Spotlight: BijiPlates
May 15, 2014
Carbine's got another hotfix coming tonight (Build 6682), it's not a big patch by any means but it does cover some pretty important bugs, like the constant crashing that some users reported having. The servers will be shutting down May 16th at 12:30AM PDT / 3:30AM EDT / 8:30AM UTC to apply the hotfix, the servers are expected to be down for approximately one hour.Posted in: Patch Notes: Build 6682 Hotfix
May 13, 2014
UPDATE: Here's a link to the name registration page, it's slow going, but people are getting through. http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/reserve-name/
Carbine's pre-launch name registration starts today, specifically it goes live at 11am PDT or 6pm GMT. You get to register 1 character name and 1 guild name and have until May 23rd, so when 11am PDT rolls around, we'll update this post and tweet the link (follow us @WildStarForums) so you can register your names as quickly as possible. Let's just hope we don't break the name registration servers!
May 12, 2014
Carbine's shutting down the servers at 12:30am PDT to apply a hotfix, patching the game to build #6677. With it comes some optimizations and of course there's bugs getting squished too.Posted in: Open Beta Hotfix Patch Notes
May 8, 2014
The open beta has begun! You've got from now until 11:59pm PDT May 18th to get your WildStar on, head on over to the official site now, download the game, and we'll see you on Nexus! Also, check out Carbine's announcement video below! Did I mention they're also having a 6-hour-long developer livestream on May 9th? Which they're also turning into an ask-me-anything type of event with a slew of different developers. You won't want to miss it!Quote from Carbine
NCSOFT® and Carbine Studios™ today announced that their upcoming action-adventure sci-fi MMO, WildStar® has entered Open Beta and will be available to fans 24/7 for the next 10 days, from Tuesday, May 8 at 7 a.m. PDT to Sunday, May 18 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. NCSOFT and Carbine Studios welcome all players to explore WildStar, whether they are already familiar with the legendary planet Nexus or not, prior to the worldwide launch on Tuesday, June 3.
Celebrating the announcement of Open Beta, Carbine Studios has released a new trailer highlighting the background story of the game: http://youtu.be/9k7I1Z6a_FA. Something you will not want to miss. In addition to the video and 10 days of access, Carbine lifted the level cap to 30, allowing players to dig even deeper into the world of WildStar.
To access a WildStar Open Beta, visit www.wildstar-online.com/en/openbeta for instructions and access. Players that have already participated in previous WildStar beta event can log on with their current accounts.
To kick off the Open Beta, Carbine Studios is hosting a 30 minute Livestream on its Twitch Channel today at 11:00 a.m. PDT (www.twitch.tv/wildstar) where the developers will give a state of the game update and share their thoughts on exactly why WildStar is going to kick ass and disrupt the MMO category. The team will be back on Friday, May 9th, with a six-hour developer Livestream featuring a slew of content starting at 11:00 a.m. PDT, including play-by-play of some exciting raids and Warplots activity, Open Beta content and a sneak peek into the first post launch content drop. As part of the stream, Carbine is turning it into a massive social 'Ask Me Anything', opening up every social platform to take questions – Facebook, Reddit, Tumblr, Twitter, Forums, Twitch, Vine and maybe even MySpace to name a few.
Schedule of events:
- Open Beta: Thursday, May 8 at 7 a.m. PDT to Sunday, May 18 at 11:59 p.m. PDT (24/7)
- Developer Livestream #1: Thursday, May 8 at 11:00 a.m. PDT
- Developer Livestream #2: Friday, May 9 at 11 11:00 a.m. PDT
WildStar officially launches worldwide on Tuesday, June 3, 2014 and will be available in two versions. The Standard Edition includes the game, 30 days of play time and an Eldan-themed Housing Décor item. For an additional $15, the Digital Deluxe version of WildStar includes all elements of the Standard Edition as well as an even larger package of exclusive content: an Eldan Hoverboard, a unique costume, a unique Eldan player title and a limited-edition Eldan dye set. Preorder information can be found at: www.wildstar-online.com/en/preorder.
May 6, 2014
Carbine announced their open beta plans today, they're starting it the 8th and running it until the 18th. If you've participated in any beta event, you just need to patch up and you can start playing the 8th.Posted in: Carbine Announces Open Beta Plans
May 2, 2014
Iconloot is one of those addons where once it’s installed, you barely notice it’s an addon. What it does do, is highlight the loot the drops with customizable notifications and a way better loot window.Posted in: WildStar Addon Spotlight - IconLoot - May the loot be with you!
May 1, 2014
Like the title says, Carbine just dropped a new patch for the last beta weekend before the release. Patch 6658 went out today and with it comes a bunch of patch notes. Below is the API Changes and User Interface sections taken from the patch notes, to read them in their entirety head to the official forums here.Quote from Carbine
- Added a LUA event called "ApplicationWindowSizeChanged" which is fired whenever the window size changes.
- Fixed a LUA API crash when accessing an unknown tradeskill schematic.
- Unit:GetMiniMapMarker method has been removed. Unit:GetMiniMapMarkers should be used instead.
- The ItemAuctionWon event will now fire correctly when an auction expires with a winning bidder. It will also now fire for both the bidder and the auction's owner.
- Item.GetTradeskillSchematicId() has been added to the LUA API. This method returns nil if the item cannot be crafted or it returns the schematic that was used to craft the item.
- peObjective:GetObjectiveId() has been added. This returns the ID of the peObjective user data object. This is used to distinguish the different objectives when displaying them in such UIs such as Warplots.
- publicEvent:GetObjective(nObjectiveId) has been added. This returns the specific public event objective defined by the nObjectiveId.
- The following LUA events were firing at unnecessary times and have been throttled:
- Fixed an issue causing the Datachron to reopen itself and not stay minimized.
- The mount button should no longer display if the player has no mounts.
- Unit’s health on nameplate and target frame will now always show as 0 when unit is dead.
- Players can no longer close the last tab in the Chat Log.
- Learning a known dye will no longer lock the player's action bar.
- Fixed various mail related bugs that incorrectly displayed "Mail Busy."
- An issue has been fixed which was previously causing many types of on-screen notifications to appear delayed or out of order.
- The Datachron interface has been significantly improved.
- The Vendor interface will now unselect items when an item category is minimized.
- Chat windows will now save information for shown channels.
- Health bar colors for Target of Target and Cluster units will now correctly change at 30% and 50% in the Unit Frame addon.
- Icons for multi-tap spells will now display properly in the Action Set Builder.
- Achievements related to currency will now use a visual currency representation, similar to the experience bar and inventory screen.
- Resolved scroll issues on the Keybinding window when expanding and collapsing categories.
- Several improvements have been made to the Raid Frame and Action Bar frame.
- Fixed slider left/right buttons and removed redundant buttons in text edit area.
- The ChatLog LUA addon has been optimized. Zoom zoom zoom….
- Character panel nameplate affiliation options will now show if you are in a guild or a circle
- Several error-causing typos have been corrected.
- Tiered achievements should now show the correct progress.
- A global text-wrapping issue has been resolved.
- Addon MarketplaceListings: Instead of polling for a list of owned auctions and orders, the UI will now keep its own lists and update them appropriately.
- CharacterSelect now correctly updates after a character rename.
- The Resume UI will now alert you if you try to start a runecraft while another crafting operation is in progress.
- Nameplate reward icon settings for targeted units will no longer be ignored.
- The Addon options overlay blocker is no longer able to be dragged.
- The default max text length for edit boxes has been reduced to 2048 characters.
- Players can now only inspect other non-hostile Players, and only while out of combat.
- Ability Builder Tooltips will now show the correct resource cost in tooltips.
- Fixed a bug where the camera could continually bounce up close to Chua characters while running with the camera at ground level.
- Fixed a bug which would crash the client on login due to restoring of certain UI addons.
- Players can now only inspect other non-hostile Players, and only while out of combat.
- Ability Builder Tooltips will no longer show incorrect resource cost in tooltips.
- Fixed a bug where the camera could continually bounce up close to the Players running Chua when running with the camera at ground level.
- Fixed a bug which would crash the client on log in due to restoring of certain UI addons.
Apr 18, 2014
The weekend beta is in full swing and with it comes the overhaul to the UI. From the big HUD changes to the smallest of details, we're going to try and get to the important changes and make sure you know about them! The UI update alone clocked in at just over one gigabyte, that's how much of the UI Carbine polished up.
First up, the HUD! Below is a screenshot of the difference between the old UI and UI 2.0. The amount of screen they were able to clear out is pretty amazing.
And here's a shot of the new HUD explaining all the new elements:
As you can see, it's a drastic change from the old HUD. Gone is the tower of button bars, health bars, pet bars, etc. and the openness you have around your characters feet makes it so much easier to dodge telegraphs and the like. You'll see below on the new Character screen that it's been overhauled as well. This is new as Carbine never previewed the character screen:
You'll notice I've highlighted the Costume button, mostly because I'm not a fan of the change to costumes. Carbine updated the costume system, which sounds great, but unfortunately we lost the ability to change your costume from the Character screen. In fact, you now can only change your costume pieces individually at a dye vendor. It's unfortunate they would remove something silly like that, but we can always hope they'll change it back if the change is unpopular enough.
You can even enlarge the inventory UI now too, but good luck triggering the mouse grabber, it's set to just 1 pixel and it can be frustrating to find.
Plus it doesn't save the size after you log out so when you log back in you'll need to resize your inventory again, at least it's just grabbing the top or bottom and pulling it open more, you can't resize it left to right yet.
Either way, I hope this wasn't accidentally left in, I hope they keep it in, just that they make it a little easier to grab the edge to make it bigger, and adding a width to it would be nice as well.
Apr 8, 2014
The next beta weekend event, 4/18-4/20, will include the biggest patch since Carbine has limited the beta to the weekends. You can read the patch notes in their entirety here, but the biggest announcement was the inclusion of the new UI, UI 2.0. And of course, with a new patch comes another round of testing your addons for compatibility.
There's no question the new UI will be better than the current default UI and I'm sure they've been watching your addons and implementing improvements based on all the work addon authors like you guys do. We still don't know if this will be the 100% shipping UI we'll see at launch, but my bet is that it won't change much after this patch, if at all. I've got some screenshots of the difference between UI 1.0 and 2.0 below, what do you think of the changes? I'm sure there will be surprises in the UI they didn't tell us about, so when the patch goes live the 18th, you can bet we'll have every update documented here!
You can also read more about the new UI on the WildStar Forums here! Specifically the addon API patch notes can be read below:Quote from CRB_Scooter
- Apollo: Added new API method "GetHazardDisplayString" to Hazard library which takes a Hazard ID and returns the display string associated with that hazard.
- Apollo: Added PathMission:IsOptional() function that will indicate if a Path Mission needs to be completed in order to complete the Path Episode associated with the mission.
- Apollo API: The lua coroutine library has been explicitly removed.
Mar 31, 2014
That's right, we've got 300,000 NA beta keys to give away and another 150k EU beta keys for our European friends. The giveaway is currently only open to Curse Premium subscribers but we'll be opening the giveaway to all users later this week. Check out the info below for start and end dates as well as links to claim your beta key for this weekends event!Posted in: WildStar Beta Key Giveaway: We've got Weekend Beta Keys for our Premium Users! Open to all soon!
Mar 11, 2014
The WildStar NDA has finally lifted and that means we can all finally discuss every facet of WildStar without a care. Of course, this means we’ll be hosting addons through our author platform, CurseForge. For a few months we’ve been beta testing a new version of CurseForge called Elerium, and WildStar is launching on this brand new platform.Posted in: WildStar Elerium Launch - A New CurseForge