Jul 1, 2014
Carbine's first content patch, titled 'The Strain', was patched in last night, and along with a couple new zones and some great new housing items and a mount, it also came with one of the biggest bug patches since release.Posted in: The Strain Patch Notes & Addon Settings Fix
Jun 27, 2014
Movable Frames does exactly what it sounds like it does, it lets you move any UI element you see on the screen, scale it, and hide a select few UI elements from view. To get started just open the config menu by typing /mf and the tall skinny toggle menu comes up.Posted in: Addon Spotlight: Movable Frames
Jun 20, 2014
Carbine released a new patch last night, check out the patch notes highlights below or head here to read all the notes.Posted in: Patch Notes: Build 6745 Update
Jun 15, 2014
Whether you're a seasoned WildStar beta tester or just someone new to WildStar, the AMP system can be a little confusing and/or intimidating. There's a lot of APMs to unlock and sometimes finding them can be a bit tricky. This is where AMP Finder really comes in handy. It's already programmed to know where all the AMPs are being sold, what quests AMPs are given as rewards for and where they are found as drops.Posted in: Addon Spotlight: AMP Finder
Jun 13, 2014
Carbine released a new patch last night, more than just a hotfix, this latest patch fixes quite a bit of nagging bugs including the bug that would purchase the Advance or Expert Riding Skill multiple times as well as fixing some server crashing bugs.Posted in: Patch Notes: 06/13/14 Update
Jun 10, 2014
Carbine released another patch last night that covered some quality of life issues including a fix for AMD CPU's that weren't running at their potential and improved PvP AFK detection.Posted in: Patch Notes: 6/10/14 Update
Jun 7, 2014
The purpose of Ayth_Quest is to show you the closest objectives for your quests, quest givers, harvesting/farming nodes, and path objectives. The inclusion of path objectives and harvesting/farming nodes is rather new to Ayth_Quest so they may not work 100% as intended. I know my settler doesn't get any lines drawn at all for it's objectives, but Aytherine is constantly updating this addon and I'm sure it'll get all paths working soon. As you can see in the image below, Ayth_Quest shows you which objectives are the closest by overlaying dotted lines that point you right where you need to go with the distance also thrown in for good measure.Posted in: Addon Spotlight: Ayth_Quest
Jun 7, 2014
Here on the CurseForge WildStar site, we've just launched forums for our addon community. It's a great place for authors and users to get and receive advice, present ideas for addons to the community, and just discus everything about WildStar. Please keep it on-topic for the forum section you are posting to.Posted in: Announcing the Addon Forums for WildStar!
Jun 5, 2014
Carbine released a hotfix last night fixing a lot of broken quests and they also "fixed a number of server crashes" so realms should be a bit more stable going forward. Check out all the patch notes below and we'll see you on Nexus!Quote from CRB_Anlath
Patch notes for the recent hotfix are included below;
- Fixed a number of server crashes.
- Fixed an issue where account items occasionally could not be claimed.
- Fixed a bug where claimed account items would sometimes disappear.
- Practice Arenas will no longer award loot bags or prestige upon completion (or win) of the Arena's public events.
- Practice Battlegrounds that are started from the “My Realm Only” queue will no longer award loot bags, experience, or prestige upon completion (or win) of the Practice Ground's public events.
- PvP runes can now only be placed into PvP gear.
- The Exile quest “Peculiar Flora” in Whitevale can now be turned in after the frozen and live samples are collected. This quest should no longer cause conflicts with “The Emissary”.
- Fixed an issue with the quest “Primal Powers and Triton's Dread” in Whitevale where Primal Gillsting would not spawn correctly.
- The Flank Tank from “Gates of Fire” in Grimvault will no longer hurt Bulgoth the Wallbreaker.
- Neutral Darkspur in Gallow no longer reward XP when killed.
- The quest “Darkspur Karaoke” will now complete upon successful completion of the bar brawl.
- Fixed an issue that caused the riding skill upgrades to not be visible at the mount vendor unless the player was using action set 1.
- Fixed an issue that caused the riding skill purchase to not take effect if the player had no AMP points available.
- Monster Hunting quest for Raid Attunement is no longer available from Kezrek or Durek until players are on the correct step of the Genesis Key attunement process.
- Fixed an issue where some players were unable to interact with the Primal Logic Transfer Control in Exo-Lab Prime, blocking progress.
- Fixed a rare issue that would prevent players from interacting with the Personnel Index Panel in Exo-Lab Prime, blocking progress.
- Fixed issue where some players were unable to use the Sterilization Device on the corrupted growth in Exo-Lab X39, blocking progress.
- Vendors “Provisioner Omnichron” and “Trader Nexa” in Crimson Badlands have been forced to take a temporary leave of absence from their posts, and will return soon.
- Vendors “Supplier Serra” and “Shopkeeper Thriftyroot” in Containment R-12 have been forced to take a temporary leave of absence from their posts, and will return soon.
- Due to a bug in how reputation requirements were checked on reputation reward vendors, the gear rewards from Crimson Badlands and Containment R-12 have been downgraded to green-quality items. The sell prices on these items have been updated to the original buy price, allowing you to sell back these items for their initial cost (you won't lose any gold). New items at the original item power levels will be available on the vendors for the correct reputation requirements upon the vendors’ return.
- Fixed a bug where guest accounts were moving through the queue too quickly, relative to non-guest accounts.
Jun 1, 2014
Have you ever had the quest dialog from an NPC move around while you're trying to read it? Have other UI elements covered part of the dialog bubbles? Would you rather just have one window that opens with all the quest text and options? Well then ClassicQuestDialog(CQD) is your addon!Posted in: Addon Spotlight: ClassicQuestDialog
May 31, 2014
While the hotfix patch notes aren't expansive (all seven fixes are listed below), they do address some of the worst bugs pertaining to the queue system and getting on a certain realm. I know I've seen about all of these problems except the one regarding reporting spam, as I haven't had to do that yet. It seems like they've fixed all their queue problems, which should make the rest of the weekend go much smoother!Posted in: Patch Notes: 08/17/14 Hotfix
May 29, 2014
It's official, Ops Week is now over but we're less than 32 hours away from the headstart and less than 5 days until launch!Posted in: News Roundup: Ops Week Now Over; WildStar Account Page Fixed; and more!
May 28, 2014
Carbine finally released the patch notes for build 6708 that was released yesterday. The patch rang in at about 850 MB but most of that is from the intro cinematics added to the beginning of the game and the final game credits for launch. I've included the UI changes below but you can check out the notes on the official forums here!Posted in: Patch Notes: Build 6708 Update
May 24, 2014
JunkIt's another one of those addons where once you install it and tick a few boxes in the options, you'll never notice it again and you'll never have to worry about selling your junk or repairing your gear.Posted in: Addon Spotlight: JunkIt
May 23, 2014
Carbine has released the second patch for their Ops Week event going on from now until the head start begins. They've also opened up the servers for the time being but don't expect the servers to be up all day, as the servers tend to go up and come down multiple times per day as Carbine tests different areas of their game. To read more about Ops Week, and how you can play more WildStar before launch, check out the official post here. I've pulled the UI Changes from the notes and added them below and as always you can head here to read them in their entirety!Posted in: 2nd Patch for Ops Week Released, Build 6697 Patch Notes